Huawei Technologies is one of the world’s leading providers of information technology and telecommunications solutions. More than a third of the world’s population and more than half of the German population directly or indirectly use Huawei technology. Headquartered in Shenzhen, Huawei has 180,000 employees worldwide and operates in 170 countries with three business units: Carrier Network, Enterprise Business and Consumer Business. Huawei employs 79,000 people in research and development and runs 16 research and development clusters worldwide as well as 28 innovation centers together with partners.
Huawei has been active in Germany since 2001 and employs over 2000 people at 18 locations. Huawei’s largest European research center is located in Munich.
Which IT topics are relevant for Huawei?
1) Topics supporting Cloud and Big Data research
- Anomaly detection techniques using AI/ML methods
- Intelligent predictive maintenance of Huawei Public Cloud
- Pattern Mining using a data science approach
- Hardware/software co-design for efficient microkernel execution
2) Topics supporting Advanced Wireless Research:
- Blockchain technology for the next generation wireless mobile networks
- Edge computing and content distribution network for 5G systems
- Intelligent Communication and Computation Systems Architecture (ICCS)
- Handling emergent behavior and consistent decision-making in analytics-based optimizations in 5G
- Control plane – management plane (CP-MP) integration
- Distributed (network suitable) AI to optimize service provisioning
3) Topics supporting IoT/network related research:
- Industry 4.0 – Digital twin of the next generation industrial network
4) Topics supporting security related research:
- Protecting cloud data through the integration of advanced encryption (in particular attribute-based encryption and functional encryption) with attribute-based access control
- Advanced policy editors for Fine Grained, Dynamic Authorization (ABAC)
Why is Huawei a Software Campus partner?
“At Huawei, we define human progress by innovations that enrich all humanity.” We see connectivity not as a privilege, but as a necessity. We believe that the measure of the impact of information and communication technology should be the number of people who can benefit from it. We strive to develop broadband technology to the highest standard – faster than ever before, for everyone, everywhere. We are committed to driving innovation to meet the needs of our customers while continually pushing the boundaries of ICT. It is an honor for Huawei to be the first Asian global company to be part of the Software Campus. In this way, we can make an even stronger contribution to shaping Europe’s future top talents in the ICT industry.
Which candidates is Huawei looking for?
- Hands-on mentality in the areas of technology, products and solutions, network solutions, IT and other relevant areas
- Open-mindedness and the willingness to be part of an innovative and creative international team
- Fluency in English and German
- A sense of humor and passion for new technologies
- A mentor (m/f) who will support you in your business and intercultural development
- The opportunity to work with different teams
- Challenging and varied tasks that enable you to continuously improve your personal and professional strengths
- First-hand experience in customer loyalty and technical innovations