Science Slam: A vividly presentation of your research
Scientists on stage to share their knowledge in a time-boxed presentation with the audience. It is similar to a poetry slam, but without lyrics, instead an entertaining scientific presentation. It is a great chance to approach your research from a different angle and learn how to present it in an illustrating way.
Science Slam Session at Software Campus Summit
- Each participant has 5 minutes to present his/her project
- VERY Short, entertaining, based on a usecase (real or fictional)
- In English or German, the way you feel good
- Everything is allowed (by complying with the house rules), beamer or screen provided
- Visualization: Keep it simple!
- There will be a preliminary round (first day) and the final round (main day)
- The winner is selected by applause of the audience
- The best pitch will be awarded by ZEISS
- First round (29.06.) approx. 20-30 persons per room in three parallel tracks: mainly other participants, a few partner representatives
- Final round (30.06.) approx. 110 people: Participants, partner representatives, BMBF, DLR Projektträger
Get your own coaching!
We put a professional at your side who has coached many science slammers before: Ingo Nordmann. You will learn how to create your science slam and how to present it in your own natural way:
- A virtual 2 hour kickoff session with an introducation, impulses and advice on how to approach your science slam presentation
- A personal, virtual 30 min coaching session to finetune your science slam presentation
Need some inspiration?
Foto: Science Slam winner Stefan Röhrl at the Software Campus Summit in 2022 © Matthias Merz