The Summit is the central gathering of the Software Campus to unite all stakeholders of the program. All participants are invited – whether the project is just starting in 2023, is currently running, or has already been completed. The project management and representatives of the BMBF will be there, as well as the HR and technical experts of the industry partners. All graduates will receive their graduation certificates at this ceremonial event. More about how it was last year here.
The Summit 2022 is sponsored by our partner ZEISS.
Thursday, June 29, 2023
- 14:00 Welcome & Science Slam preliminary round
- 17:00 Workshop tbd
- 19:00 Get Together (same venue)
- 21:00 Shuttle bus to Karlsruhe main station
Friday, June 30, 2023
- 10:00 Welcome
- 10:15 Keynote Carl ZEISS AG
- 11:15 Poster session & demonstrators
- 13:15 Lunch
- 14:00 Graduates farewell & certificate presentation
- 14:30 Science Slam Final
- 15:00 Alumni Prof. Philipp Diebold: Karriere ist (k)eine Gerade
- 15:20 Founders pitch
- 15:45 HR Networking
- 17:00 End of event
Project presentations: Science Slam and poster/demo
An important part of the Summit is the presentations of the IT research projects.
Who presents: All those who have already finished their project or are about to do so. But also those who are just starting the project and would like to present it to get feedback are welcome to do so.
How will be presented:
- Science Slam: Everyone gives a 5-minute short talk about their microproject on June 29. You can work on your performance with science slam coach Ingo Nordmann in virtual individual sessions (30 min.). More information here.
- Poster/ Demo: Everyone presents their microproject on June 30 by means of a poster or demo.
- Booklet: All presented projects will be published in a booklet. When you register online, please have a German or English description of your project with a maximum of 500 characters (including spaces), the project short title and the project duration ready.
New element: Founders pitch
At Software Campus we want to support not only careers in business and academia, but also those who want to found or already have. The Summit offers a great stage to present your founding idea or startup to potential cooperation partners, customers and supporters, we give out 3 slots of 5 minutes each. If you are interested: Write to firstname.lastname@example.org why you should be on this stage!
Event by the alumni association
After the Summit, the Software Campus Alumni Association invites you to a networking event:
- Friday, 30.06. from 7 p.m. Dinner together in Karlsruhe
- Saturday, 01.07. from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (optionally until 6 p.m.): Members meeting & Meetup, free consulting offer for Software Campus participants and alumni, visit & guided tour through the Center for Art and Media Karlsruhe (ZKM)
All details here, when registering, data (name, email, day of participation) will be passed on to the alumni association.
Location: ZEISS Innovation Hub @ KIT
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 6, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen (KIT Campus Nord, see Google Maps)
The Software Campus is a guest at the ZEISS Innovation Hub@KIT at KIT Campus Nord. This is located a little north of Karlsruhe in Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen and can be reached from Karlsruhe main station in about 30 minutes – however, there are only a few public transport connections there (bus stop KIT Campus Nord Südtor). Parking spaces are available. On the evening of June 29th, a bus shuttle will run to Karlsruhe main station after the end of the event at about 9 pm.
Hotel contingent at B&B Hotel Karlsruhe next to the main station
We have reserved 25 rooms with french bed at 69€ each (plus breakfast 10,50€) and 15 double rooms at 64€ each from 29.06. to 01.07.23 at the B&B Hotel Karlsruhe. These can be requested (one night or both nights) until 31.05. by e-mail (email@example.com) or by phone under the keyword Software Campus. Single rooms can be cancelled until 29.06. 19h. Check-in is possible 24h, payment on site.
Financing the trip
If your IT research project is still running, you should bill your trip through it. If this is not the case, please clarify the payment with your research partner via the framework project of your institution. If there are any problems, please contact us.
Picture: © ZEISS