SHS – Stahl-Holding-Saar
SHS – Stahl-Holding-Saar is an operational management holding company which actively manages tasks of the two major Saarland steel companies Saarstahl and Dillinger. In this way, both companies can work more closely together beyond existing cooperations and perform stronger on their markets. They are working together to grow, become more flexible and expand their competitiveness on their respective markets. With over 13,000 employees and an annual production of around 4 million tons of crude steel, Saarstahl and Dillinger shape the Saarland and are also among the leading steel producing companies internationally.
SHS – Stahl-Holding-Saar together with its companies Dillinger and Saarstahl continuously invests in the modernization and optimization of plants and processes and pursues the industrial digitalization strategy Industry 4.0. The implementation of processes to develop the digital capabilities of the companies shall emerge along the entire process chain. The goal is to develop a sustainable and efficient company that transforms itself with the help of modern technologies.
The following research areas are addressed within the Software Campus:
- Development of an ML-based, automatic reporting system
- Digital twin in the area of production plants and systems as well as products
- Digital engineering in interaction with lean methods and software engineering
- Greenfield migration of a brownfield environment
- Prediction of product characteristics with the help of machine learning methods
- Self-learning system to support employees in production plants
- Consortium blockchain
- Data model for product genealogy for material tracking